MLM Network Marketing Online

Monday, April 18

Bottom-Fishing for Business Partners

Bottom-Fishing for Business Partners

I wonder some times what we could ever have been thinking telling people that Network Marketing is all about recruiting.

I mean do we really want just anyone tied to our livelihood.. a lifestyle that we are planning to be long term ?… forever in fact in a perfect world.

Do we want to be at the beck and call of needy and lazy, WHINEY people? Or are we better off starting out with some qualities in mind about the people we’ll be tied to for life if all goes well?

You might wonder whether I know first hand what I’m talking about here … trust me I do.

How I know what I know

I have a frontline member whom I have been bound to and felt responsible for responding to for nine long years now. It's not that we’ve kept in touch all that closely for long stretches of that time, but sure as night follows day, he’s been there in my face, his name demanding that I think about him in some way every single time I’ve looked at my genealogy report since the day we teamed up in 1997.

Now this guy isn’t mean hearted or dangerous or anything so dramatic as that. He just lives the life of lack that he created for himself. And he lives it very well. It’s a life that I have very little need or desire (okay NONE is a better term) to be party to and yet, here I am, his sponsor and I take that role quite seriously.

You only need 3 or 4

The truth is that if we pick well and always work with an eye towards duplication, we really will never have to be working with more than 3 or 4 people who are or are willing to do what it takes to become builders and leaders like we are.

I don’t know about you but I sure want those three or four people to be folks that I enjoy being around and talking to FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

'Get 'em in your deal' thinking begone!

So why do smart and thinking independent business owners like us fall so easily back into the ‘need to get ‘em in our deal’ brain? Beats me…. I think we’ve all been brain washed or something. Maybe it has something to do with our own fears of rejection that the signing up of people somehow puts aside for a moment … I’m no shrink … I couldn’t tell you for sure.

What I do know is that there’s something, which my mentoring mentor shared with me that his mentor shared with him (hmmm… sounds like duplication at work there). He said:

‘Only sponsor people who you’d like to go on a month long cruise with’

Really makes you stop and think, doesn’t it? Definitely cuts the friends and family list down a whole lot too, eh?

It did for me anyway.

To your mentoring success!
Andrea

Read my success story HERE



No comments: